Could your health be suffering from the effects of toxic mould? This mould detox, anti-inflammatory delicious pasta sauce will help – and your kids will love it!
Health issues from mould can be serious for some, causing long-term chronic illness. Symptoms can include
• Aches and pains in muscles and joints
• Asthma, bronchitis, shortness of breath, excessive mucous, respiratory infections
• Hoarseness, constant throat clearing, mouth sores
• Irregular heartbeat, chest discomfort
• Bloating, nausea, food intolerances
• Brain fog, poor concentration, anxiety
• Headaches, dizziness, problems with balance
• Fatigue, low energy, afternoon crashes
• Difficulty sleeping, feeling unrested in the morning
About 70% of our immune system is governed by our gut. What you eat has the biggest influence on our immune system and health. As mould adds to our toxic overload, it makes sense to reduce the burden by introducing anti-inflammatory foods and recipes to nourish the body and reduce the toxic burden.
Enjoy this easy to make and delicious pasta sauce that not only tastes great, but is nourishing and beneficial to your health.
Anti-Inflammatory Pasta Sauce (Kid-Friendly)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 yellow onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
0.5 kg carrots, chopped
1 medium beetroot, chopped
1 cup water
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the onions until they are tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the carrots, beetroot and water and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and lower the heat to a simmer, cooking until the carrots and beets are fork-tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
2. Carefully transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender, add the salt and lemon juice, and blend until smooth. (Be sure to cover the vent in the lid of your blender with a dishtowel to prevent the top blowing off from the pressure of blending hot liquids!) Taste the sauce and adjust any seasonings, as needed, including a dash of oregano and basil, if you like! You can also add additional water, if you’d like a thinner sauce.
3. Serve warm over your favorite vegetable or pasta dish, and enjoy! Leftover sauce can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for months.
Thanks to the Mould Detox Diet site for this sauce.