Are you sick of mould?
Rather, should the question be, Are you sick FROM mould?
Have you noticed anything else living in your house? Look up and check your ceilings, walls, windows, curtains, blinds and air conditioners.
The recent wet then warm and steamy weather creates the perfect environment for mould to grow in your home. Mould activates when humidity reaches 60% or greater. How do you know the humidity level? Check your weather app. The current weather will describe temperature, wind, humidity and rainfall.
As humidity rises, any dampness in your house will attract and grow mould. One single mould spore can throw out up to one million more mould spores in as little as 24 hours under the right conditions. Each of those million spores can do the same. It literally grows before your eyes!
For some people, they are not aware that mould can be the cause of their asthma, allergies, coughing, sneezing, headaches, pains, foggy head and general malaise. If you are continually coughing like Sally and her young child whose house we recently treated – you have probably got a mould problem.
Two things you can do immediately
- Regularly check for signs of mould. What you can see and what you can smell.
- Minimise the opportunity for mould to grow. Check conditions for mould to grow:
- Moisture – damp clothes and towels, plumbing leaks, internal moisture from bathrooms, kitchens and laundries, roof leaks, condensation and water entering the building.
- Oxygen – mould requires oxygen to grow.
- Food sources – organic matter such as wood, wallpaper, fabric and upholstery, or even plants and soil.
If you see or smell any mould, call for professional help. Do not leave it untreated. It will not go away, and with the right conditions. It will continue to multiply and grow its roots into material, wood, paper, etc.
Our advanced mould treatment methods block out moisture and protect your property without having to disturb the structure.
If you see mould in the home you live in, write to us and ask us on what you can do to minimise conditions for the mould to grow.
If you are a property owner, let us inspect the property and help you put a solution in place to maintain the structure and value of your asset.