Have you noticed over the last few months there has been increasing discussion about Covid-19 being spread not only by direct close contact with a person, but also through proximity indoors and even air conditioning. We live with airborne disease transmission every day but we don’t fully understand it.
Pathogens are always in fluids. They can survive outside the host for weeks. We can transmit pathogens via droplets – large and small. Large drops
fall to surfaces within 1.5 metres. That is why we have been asked to social distance in support of reducing transmission of bio-droplets – droplets full of biological material.
When we exhale by breathing, coughing or sneezing, we exhale a cloud, rather than just drops. The cloud is turbulent and can grow in size as it pulls in more air. In a static environment, it can continue to travel, carrying the trapped drops forwards and upwards. The turbulent “puff cloud” can then rise up into the ventilation system, beginning the airborne disease transmission chain.
There is a growing realisation about the spread of pathogens, including Covid-19, via transmission through the air, particularly indoors. This can explain the puzzle of how someone can become infected between people who were not in direct or indirect contact.
Three ways to reduce airborne infection of pathogens
1. Increase natural ventilation – spend time outdoors where pathogen puff clouds naturally disperse faster. If indoors, open windows to allow natural air flow throughout the rooms.
2. Utilise inflow filtration in your air conditioning unit to filter the internal air that flows into the air conditioning system which is recycled out into the room.
3. Implement a systematic approach to reducing the pathogen load in the room, workplace and home.
A systematic approach to reducing the pathogen load
To protect staff, customers and community, Healthy Builds
customers have been taking advantage of non-toxic patented technology to reduce
the microbial lode. Community are now
able to use dependable and effective leading edge products to reduce their risk
of poor health from pathogens that can enter the body and cause damage.
4 ways to reduce microbial lode
1. Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces: High-touch points and surfaces we come in constant contact with can harbour pathogens for days or even weeks. Apply the new, patented invisible protective barrier of BioProtectTM to surfaces which offers another layer of extended protection for 90 days. Reduce the time and effort of your usual
2. Protect your skin: Offering forward protection to skin to reduce the microbial lode for hours at a time. The invisible barrier of BioProtectTM included in the skin purifier continues to destroy germs on contact for up to 6 hours, even after usual hand washing. A new approach to traditional alcohol-based hand sanitisers that use alcohol to break down the cells of not only germs, but healthy skin cells too.
3. Protect your clothes: We can unwittingly carry around microbes on
our clothes, taking them from community to work to home. Now, clothes can be protected as easily as placing a fabric shield containing BioProtectTM in the final rinse of your washing for long term protection up to 12 months.
4. Clean the air in the room: There is increasing concern that air conditioning and ventilation in buildings may help spread viruses such as Covid-19 and other pathogens. Special HEPA filters
are required to capture and hold pathogens floating in the air. Traditional air conditioning filters protect the air conditioner. Now, special HEPA-grade air filters can easily be placed in any air conditioning unit to protect the people in the room. This now means any indoor room can be provided with HEPA-grade air quality for clean and healthy air.
Would you like to protect your family, staff and customers with solutions that are non-toxic to people, pets and plants?
Contact us now for a free demonstration.